Monday, March 3, 2008

Snowboarding in MI

Gaylord, MI - Our "tea time" group spent the weekend skiing/snowboarding in upper MI.

Friday: One car left early AM and our car left late afternoonish. Early car found themselves in a ditch and late car came inches to being side swiped by a semi...yikes. It seemed like the longest trip ever, probably because of the snowy weather. I couldn't believe the amounts of snow up north.

Saturday - a 10 hour day on the slopes (9AM-8PM)

The highlights: 3 borders; 6 skiers

-I got hit in the head by the chair lift.
(It was my first time getting off with the board and I didn't push off enough. As I'm putting my back foot on the board, I fall to the ground. The lift keeps going and yep, the chair hits my head. I get in the fetal position in fear that another chair is coming..ha! Matt is laughing...I am laughing. The lift is stopped and a lady runs out of the her little tower and asks if I'm okay. HA...it was pretty funny.

-My friend, Manny, who was a first time skier and doesn't do well in the cold (he's from Kenya) was priceless on the slopes. Hilarious. He got hit by the chair lift as well.

-I had two major wipe outs. Both were faceplants...got the toe edge caught. eh.

-Brooke was rescued by the ski patrol. She broke her arm.

-the ski resort and upper michigan...BEAUTIFUL!

-Watched 4 year olds go off jumps on skis and snowboards...crazy!!

-didn't get cold at all...not even hands or feet. It was amazing weather!

-hit the slopes under the lights at night.

-attempted to play Settlers but someone had a minor coffee spill onto the game.


By the end of the day, I finally got the hang of boarding. It was SO much fun. I hurt so much right now, but it was a blast. Broken bones or not, I'm trying a jump next time.

Sunday: Went to church and headed back home in matt's car, where the music never stops.

It was a great time and my goal is to go one more time before the season is over. I found a new love, snowboarding. Convinces me more to move to a mountainous region.

1 comment:

Veldman Photo said...

That is hilarious!!! :) I miss you!