Monday, March 10, 2008

G is for Guitar

So this week is the letter G in my kindergarten class...Mr. G, we use letter people. So today, I decided I'd bring in my Guitar since it starts with G and Mr. G has a guitar too.
Of course, the kids notice it..."Ms. Zellers, is that your guitar?"

We come to the end of the lesson, and after constant pestering about the guitar...I play. HA. my first mini concert...with Kindergartners. I made up this like 7liner song and they thought it was great...so funny. Let me remind you, I am trying to learn by myself so I'm not great, but I did get an applause!

After I played, I asked if anyone wanted to come up and make up their own song while I play...of course, hands go flying in the air. I call on a couple of kids and as soon as they get up front....stage fright kicks in. Suddenly, they respond with "I forgot." Although I did have a couple pull through...one sang the ABCs and another sang twinkle twinkle little star.
So CUTE.

last week teaching with full control!
i'm loving it, but i'm ready for a breather.
the end is near:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.