Monday, June 25, 2007

Chicago Overnight

It was an overnight weekend in Chicago. Went with a friend and hung out with some wonderful Brazilians. They spoke and worshiped in Portuguese. My friend helped translate, but I can definitely understand the frustration with language barriers. I would love to be multi-lingual. That'd be sweet. The Brazilian culture is so loving and inviting...it amazes me.

Went to a Vineyard Church Sunday afternoon -4pm. It is a new church plant in a beautiful, ancient church - so great! Small with such genuine people. loved it.

Now off to see my sister in South Carolina:) Summer is flying.

3 comments:

Veldman Photo said...

What a cool experience.... that's awesome Ab!!!

Veldman Photo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B said...

abbey!?! Hey. I just looked at a blog from awhile ago and saw you comment on it! What in the world are you up to? Are you emjoying grad school? Enjoying the living situation? restless? Finding adventure where you are at? Love to hear from you!
Brent