Friday, May 25, 2007

Joy.Love.Laughter.

I worked with an autistic boy today at a nearby elementary school and it reminded me of the summers I worked at this mentally handicapped camp. I absolutely loved it. JOY. LOVE. LAUGHTER. Despite their limitations, they LOVED life. Those summer were full of laughter and love, it opened my eyes and my heart. Today, was one of those "wow" days. The little boy had minimal to no verbal communication but he was loving life with his every smile and wild scream:) I highly recommend you interact with this group. Maybe someday I will get another chance to work with these amazing people. I would love it.

I'll take Joy. Love. Laughter.

1 comment:

Veldman Photo said...

Oh Ab... I miss you and thoses stories you used to tell me about your camp. You are so special, and have such a great heart! You are one of the BEST friends I have ever had and I am cherishing you forever. Can't wait to see you again sometime!!!! Looooots of looooove!!!