Friday, June 13, 2008

City Girl

No, I'm not a city girl, meaning...i would not survive in the city alone.

Altho...last weekend I spent a day in the city by myself, well most of it. I get to the city by way of train and then proceed to walk miles the wrong direction, ha! I figure I should turn around and walk the other direction.

I estimated I must have walked some 4 miles that day. After making my way to Michigan Ave, I found this cute cafe (Baci Cafe). I stopped in to grab some lunch - so good! As soon as I'm done ordering, I look out the window and...YEP it is downpouring! I enjoyed my amazing chicken sandwich and watching the hardcore people walking through the downpour. I finished in perfect timing - the rain had stopped. I continued to walk Michigan stopping along the way until I got to Jamba Juice - so good. I walked back to Millenium Park and met up with my friend Courtney - who I miss SO much and loved seeing. She makes me laugh so much :) I love her.

By this time, it was beautiful out and so the Chicago Blues Festival went on! It was a packed-muddy good time. BB King played. Good stuff.

No comments: